Find helpful articles and free court forms related to taxes.
Topic Layout


Child and Dependent Care Credit Information

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

If you paid someone to care for your child or other qualifying person so you (and your spouse if filing jointly) could work or look for work, you may be able to take the credit for child and dependent care expenses.

Child Tax Credit

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

The Child Tax Credit helps families with qualifying children get a tax break. You may be able to claim the credit even if you don't normally file a tax return.

Education Tax Credits

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

An education credit helps with the cost of higher education by reducing the amount of tax owed on your tax return. If the credit reduces your tax to less than zero, you may get a refund.

H-2A Workers: Taxes & Retirement

By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Learn if you need to file US income taxes if you are an H-2A worker and what you will need to file your taxes.

How to Protect Your Tax Refund

By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Learn how you can protect your tax refund from expensive tax preparation services, high interest, loans, and scams.

IRS Tax Tips

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

The top tips from the IRS about filing taxes. Check back- information is added regularly.

Tax Q & A for Indians

By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Frequently asked questions about taxes for Native Americans.

Tax Scams

By: Office of Consumer Protection (OCP)

Information on phone, email and mailer tax scams. Summarized from information provided by the State of Montana Office of Consumer Protection.

Tax Scams and Consumer Alerts

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Consumers should protect themselves against scams that impersonate the IRS. Here are tips on how to avoid these scams.

Tax Withholding Calculator

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Information and a calculator from the IRS to help you figure out how much Federal income tax should be withheld from your pay.

Taxpayer Bill of Rights

By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Information about the rights you have as a taxpayer, and the IRS's duties to protect them.

What is Innocent Spouse Relief? (FAQ)

By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

Learn what Innocent Spouse Relief is and how it might help you with tax debt. Find out how to qualify and apply for Innocent Spouse Relief.

Common Questions