My ex has an Order of Protection against me...


By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA)

What to do if your ex has an OOP and wants to talk to you.
Resource Information

On This Page:


My ex has an Order of Protection against me that says I can't contact them. They wants to meet to talk. Do I have to follow the order and stay away?

Yes. You must follow what the order of protection says. If you do something that the order of protection says you cannot do, you can be charged with a crime. You and your ex cannot make any changes to the order of protection by yourselves. Only a judge can change the order of protection.

Find more resources using our interactive Legal Guide.
Last Updated

Last review and update: