Self Help

I need help finding what I am looking for.

Chat with a trained professional to help you find free legal resources

I am looking for a legal form or legal information.

You can find free legal information and forms at

I want to talk to a real person about my legal problem.

Self Help Law Centers can provide forms and answers to basic legal questions. Self Help Law Centers cannot give you legal advice. Find your nearest Self Help Law Center

I have a civil legal problem and can't afford an attorney.

Common civil legal problems are issues like divorce, evictions, debt collection, and lots more. If you have been written a ticket, fined, or charged with a crime, that is not a civil legal problem. Apply for free help with a civil legal issue from Montana Legal Services Association. Start the online intake.

I want to find laws and court opinions.

The State Law Library has explanations and links to statutes, regulations, and court opinions. The library staff can help you find what you need but can't give you legal advice. Go to the State Law Library.

I need help with a Will or an Advanced Directive.

The Legal Services Developer, in the Office on Aging, may be able to help you with estate planning and other services. Visit the Legal Services Developer Program.

I have been charged with a crime and I need a lawyer.

The Office of the State Public Defender represents people who are charged with a crime and can't afford an attorney. Contact your local Office of Public Defender.

I want to find a private attorney.

The Montana State Bar's Lawyer Referral and Information Service can give you contact information for your local attorneys who provide the type of assistance you need, for a fee. Find a lawyer.

Help us improve this page.

Give Feedback

Back to top