The IRS sent me a letter saying I owe them money. Is there anything I can do?

Authored By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) LSC Funded

Yes. Call the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC). LITC gives low income taxpayers free legal help on tax disputes year round.

Tax laws can be confusing and hard to understand. If you are having problems with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the LITC may be able to help you.

How do I apply to LITC?

LITC is run by Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA). Contact us to see if you qualify:

  • Apply anytime online at;
  • Call our Helpline at 1-800-666-6899 (Helpline hours are limited).
Last Review and Update: Jul 24, 2017

LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...