Statement of Inability to Pay Court Costs and Fees (write-in-the-blank form)

Before You Start


In Montana, there are fees for filing certain documents. The fees help pay for courthouse services. If you can't afford to pay the fee you can ask the judge to allow you to file your paperwork without having to pay the fee by using the Statement of Inability to Pay Court Costs and Fees. 

If you have been served with court papers, it is a good idea to file the Statement of Inability to Pay at least one day before your deadline to file a written answer. 

The form comes with instructions to help you fill it out correctly and file with the Clerk of Court. Download the Statement of Inability to Pay at the bottom of this page. 


Need More Information? 

If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read about article on How to Ask the Court to Waive Your Filing Fees.


Need Help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help in Montana


Download the Form

Last Review and Update: Sep 17, 2021
Back to top