Selling Your Manufactured Home/Mobile Home

Authored By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) LSC Funded


I want to sell the manufactured home that I own. What do I need to do?You will need to find out if there is a title for your manufactured home.

In Montana, a manufactured home that is from 1977 or newer has a title. If your home is older than 1977, it may or may not have a title.

You can contact the Motor Vehicle Division if you have questions at:

Title and Registration Bureau

Motor Vehicle Division

Montana Department of Justice

1003 Buckskin Drive

Deer Lodge, MT 59722

Phone: (406) 444-3661


I have a title for my manufactured home. What do I do? You can sign the title in front of a notary public.

There is not title for my manufactured home. What do I do? You can provide a Bill of Sale. There is a Bill of Sale form at

Give a copy of the completed Bill of Sale to the County Treasurer's office or County Assessor's office. Once they have the copy, they will remove you as owner and will send the tax bill to the new owner.

Last Review and Update: Apr 21, 2011

LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...