Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens

Authored By: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you (1) Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years, (2) Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time, and (3) Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section.

Last Review and Update: May 09, 2014

Contacting the LiveHelp service...