Motion to Amend Parenting Plan When Parents Don’t Agree (write-in-the-blank form)

Authored By: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) LSC Funded

Before You Start


You can download and fill out these free write-in-the-blank court forms to file a Motion to Amend Parenting Plan when the other parent does not agree to changing the Parenting Plan. If you and the other parent do agree, you'll want to use the forms for when both parents agree to change a parenting plan


The forms come with instructions to help you fill them out, file with the Clerk of District Court, and serve the other parent. You can download the Motion to Amend Parenting Plan at the bottom of this page.


What if the other parent has hurt me or the children? 

There are a few important things to know if you are leaving a violent or abusive relationship. The end of a violent relationship is sometimes the most dangerous point for the victim and children. There may be free legal and non-legal help for people leaving a domestic violence relationship. It is a good idea to come up with a safety plan. You may also want to look into getting an Order of Protection. It is important to know that the Court may base some of its decisions on safety concerns for the parents and/or children. 


Local Forms

Some courts prefer that you use their local forms. You can ask the Clerk of District Court if there are local forms they prefer you use.


Need more information?

If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read our article Tips for When Your Divorce of Parenting Plan Case is Over


Need legal help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help.



Download the Motion to Amend Parenting Plan When Parents Don’t Agree

Last Review and Update: Mar 09, 2020

Contacting the LiveHelp service...