Use the Keep Me Safe Journal to record each time your stalker threatens you. This journal may be helpful if you call law enforcement or have to go to court.
How to Use this Form:
- If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
- Only fill out this form at a place and time when it is safe for you to do so.
- Reach out to a domestic violence shelter or Crime Victim Advocate (CVA) for resources and support. You can find a listing of domestic violence shelters in Montana from the Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence or by calling 1-800-799-7233. Find your nearest Crime Victim Advocate.
- Only gather information from witnesses at a time and place when it is safe for you and the witness.
- Record each time your stalker makes you feel threatened as its own incident. This can happen when your stalker shows up unexpectedly, contacts you through a note, email, or text, or other behavior that makes you feel scared.
- Videos and pictures may be used as evidence but only take pictures or videos when it is safe for you to do so.
Download the Keep Me Safe Journal at the bottom of this page.
Need More Information?
If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read our article What Is the Law in Montana on Stalking?
Need Help Staying Safe?
Check out our article on how to come up with your own safety plan to keep yourself safe during your daily life.
You can get free help coming up with a safety plan:
Need Legal Help?
Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help.