Justice / City Court Answer (write-in-the-blank form)

Before You Start


You only have 20 calendar days after you were served with a Complaint in Justice or City Court to file a written Answer. You must file the Answer with the Clerk of Court where the Complaint was filed. You can download the Justice / City Court Answer form at the bottom of this page.


If you were served with eviction court papers or a Complaint for Possession, you only have 10 business days and will want to go to our Answer to Eviction Lawsuit form.


Need More Information? 

If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read our Step-by-Step Guide for How to Answer When You Get Sued


Need Help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help in Montana



Download Justice / City Court Answer

Last Review and Update: Aug 29, 2019
Back to top