Skip to main content

Change My Nonimmigrant Status

If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. This site has information about when to apply to change your nonimmigrant status and what changes are allowed.

Last Review and Update: May 09, 2014
Back to top