{{ }}
Skip to main content

How Do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While Living in the US?

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status. Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United States can get permanent resident status (a green card) without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing.

Last Review and Update: May 09, 2014
Back to top