Green Card for an Immediate Relative of a U.S. Citizen

Authored By: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

To promote family unity, immigration law allows U.S. citizens to petition for certain qualified relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. Eligible immediate relatives include the U.S. citizen’s spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent (if the U.S. citizen is over the age of 21).

Last Review and Update: May 09, 2014

Contacting the LiveHelp service...