Skip to main content

Green Card for a Family Member of a Permanent Resident

To promote family unity, immigration law allows permanent residents of the United States (green card holders) to petition for certain eligible relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. A permanent resident may petition for his/her spouse and unmarried child(ren) of any age to immigrate to the United States.

Last Review and Update: May 09, 2014
Back to top