Innocent Spouse Relief

Information and Forms

Other Taxes Problems

Innocent spouse relief is when the IRS removes your responsibility for all or part of your former spouse’s tax debts, interest, and penalties. This subtopic has resources to help you learn if you might qualify for Innocent Spouse Relief and how to ask for it.

4 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Filing for Taxes after Divorce or Separation (FAQs)

Learn about filing status and tax credits and deductions for children after a divorce or separation.

My spouse lied on our tax return and now we owe back taxes. Is there anything that I can do?

Learn about IRS programs available to help if your spouse lied on your tax return.

What is Innocent Spouse Relief? (FAQ)

Learn what Innocent Spouse Relief is and how it might help you with tax debt. Find out how to qualify and apply for Innocent Spouse Relief.

Request for Innocent Spouse Relief (Form 8857)

A link to the form to ask for Innocent Spouse Relief. Make sure to read the instructions before filling out the form.

Back to top