Petition for Dissolution with Children (write-in-the-blank form)

Por: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) LSC Funded

Before You Start


You can download and fill out the free write-in-the-blank Petition for Dissolution with Children to file for a divorce in Montana when you have minor children from the marriage. 


The forms come with instructions to help you fill them out, file with the Clerk of District Court, and serve your spouse. You can download the Petition for Dissolution with Children at the bottom of this page. 


What if the other parent has hurt me or the children? 

There are a few important things to know if you are leaving a violent or abusive relationship. The end of a violent relationship is sometimes the most dangerous point for the victim and children. There may be free legal and non-legal help for people leaving a domestic violence relationship. It is a good idea to come up with a safety plan. You may also want to look into getting an Order of Protection. It is important to know that the Court may base some of its decisions on safety concerns for the parents and/or children. 


Local Forms

Some courts prefer that you use their local forms. You can find local forms for the 21st Judicial District in Ravalli County on their website.

You can ask the Clerk of District Court if there are local forms they prefer you use. 


Need more information?

If you have any questions about your rights or this form, it would be a good idea to read our Ultimate DIY Guide to Divorce and Custody in Montana.


Need legal help?

Montana Legal Services Association provides free civil legal help to eligible clients. Learn more about how to apply for free legal help.



Download the Petition for Dissolution with Children

Última revisión y actualización: Aug 29, 2019

Contacting the LiveHelp service...